Your privacy is of great importance to us. As a user of this WEBSITE (the "Site"), you are valued by us, and we will take appropriate measures to protect the information provided by and collected from you in the Site in connection with the functions, facilitates, products and services offered on our Site.
Introduction and Definitions
Types of Data We Collect
We acquire Personal Information that may include, in certain contexts, your name, postal address, zip code, email address, and telephone number. To tailor the Site to your needs, the Personal Information we collect may also include information about your age, gender, and preferred language.
We also acquire your IP address, browser, operating system, and the pages of the Site you visited, which some jurisdictions consider to be personally identifiable information.
How Personal Information is Collected
When you visit the Site, we assume that you consent to the collection and use of your Personal Information as described herein. If required by applicable law, we will also seek your explicit consent to process Personal Information collected on the Site or voluntarily provided by you. Please note that any consent will be entirely voluntary.
The most common way we receive Personal Information is when you provide it to us, often through our Contact Us form. When using this form, you will be prompted to enter your last name, email address, type of inquiry, and a message you’d like us to receive. In addition, it is often helpful if you provide us with your first name, street address, phone number, and/or customer type so that we may better respond to your inquiry.
We may also request that you input or allow us access to your geographic location when using the Rebate Finder, Installer/Service Locator, and Distributor/Sales Rep Locator as these tools perform best when the most accurate information is available. Please be aware that you alone are responsible for the content of your responses when using these tools.
How Personal Information is Used
We request and use Personal Information essential to process and respond to your requests for information regarding the Site or our products or services and to inform you of services we think may be of interest to you.
We also use your Personal Information for any lawful business purpose in connection with administering the Site, including for customer service, diagnosing potential problems with our servers, improving our product offerings by tailoring them to your needs, gathering broad demographic information to analyze trends, seek compatible advertisers, clients, and customers, and to track users’ movement around the Site. As noted above, your geographic location information may specifically be used to show you content based on geographic location, including rebates, installers, service providers, distributors, or sales representatives in your area.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information to our service providers and other vendors, such as those who obtain reviews and testimonials and otherwise help us operate our business. Otherwise, We will not disclose, sell, trade, or rent Personal Information without your prior consent, except to the extent necessary to provide you with a requested NAVIEN service. In certain rare circumstances, we may be compelled by law to disclose your Personal Information, such as in connection with a lawsuit or other legal proceeding. In the event disclosure is required, we will use reasonable efforts to secure Personal Information, including prohibiting the use of the Personal Information for any commercial purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information when, in our sole discretion, we determine that such disclosure is necessary to protect NAVIEN or its employees, their right or property, or the physical safety or health of employees of NAVIEN or a member of the general public.
Protection of Information
NAVIEN will maintain the confidentiality of the information it collects. We maintain internal practices that help protect the security and confidentiality of this information by limiting employee access to and use of this information.
If you send us ideas, comments, suggestions, or questions regarding NAVIEN’s products or services or the content of this Site, NAVIEN may use, disclose, or distribute that non-personal information to others without your permission or knowledge. NAVIEN may use ideas, concepts, or techniques you send us for any purpose, including to develop or market our products. If you want confidential treatment of any ideas, concepts, or techniques, please write to the address below.
Links to Third Party Sites
Access to Personal Information
If you desire access to your Personal Information, to correct existing Personal Information, or to remove your Personal Information, please contact us by using Contact Us link at the bottom of this webpage. Upon receiving your request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records.
Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area
Purposes of Processing
As explained above, we process your Personal Information to respond to your requests regarding our products and services, manage the Site, facilitate healthy, safety, and legal requests, and to combine data sets. We may also use or otherwise process Personal Information acquired from you directly or by use of tracking technologies for marketing purposes, including to serve you with advertising based on your online behavior.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process your Personal Information with your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us using the Contact Us link at the bottom of this webpage.
As described above, your Personal Information may be processed in or transferred to the U.S. or elsewhere in the world. Where this occurs, we will ensure that transfers of your Personal Information to a third county or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the Contact Us link at the bottom of this webpage. Please note that to verify your identity and properly process your request, you may be required to provide certain Personal Information to us prior to accessing any records containing such information.
1. Right to Access and Rectify: You have the right to obtain information about our processing of your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of your Personal Information that we store. You also have the right to request that we correct or amend your Personal Information if what is held is incorrect or incomplete in some way.
2. Right to Request Erasure– “Right to Be Forgotten”: You have the right to request that your Personal Information be erased from our systems if it is no longer necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected or if you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists.
3. Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to ask for a temporary halt of our processing of your own Personal Information if you contest its accuracy, our processing is deemed unlawful and you oppose erasure of your Personal Information, or we no longer need the Personal Information for the purpose(s) for which it was collected but we must store it to comply with our legal obligations.
4. Right to Portability: You have the right to receive your Personal Information and to export it to another data controller where our processing is based on your consent and was carried out by automated means. Where such a request is made, your Personal Information will be supplied in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
5. Right to Object to Our Processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information if we process Personal Information based on legitimate interest.
6. Right to Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about or objection to our collection and/or processing actions regarding your Personal Information to your data protection authority. Contact information for such agencies can be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
The Federal Trade Commission's May 18, 2023, policy statement warns that false or unsubstantiated claims about the accuracy or efficacy of biometric information technologies or about the collection and use of biometric information may violate the FTC Act.
What are triggers for the FTC?
- Failing to assess foreseeable harms to consumers before collecting biometric information;
- Failing to promptly address known or foreseeable risks and identify and implement tools for reducing or eliminating those risks;
- Engaging in surreptitious and unexpected collection or use of biometric information;
- Failing to evaluate the practices and capabilities of third parties, including affiliates, vendors, and end users, who will be given access to consumers’ biometric information or will be charged with operating biometric information technologies;
- Failing to provide appropriate training for employees and contractors whose job duties involve interacting with biometric information or technologies that use such information; and
- Failing to conduct ongoing monitoring of technologies that the business develops, offers for sale, or uses, in connection with biometric information to ensure that the technologies are functioning as anticipated and that the technologies are not likely to harm consumers.
Copyright © 2023 Navien, Inc. All rights reserved.